Jason

Default Creating shortcuts for text

I want to be able to create a keyboard shortcut for a specific word. The word
is GO2 with the 2 being in a subscript format. Is this possible? I've managed
to get it into "insert autotext" but I still have to go insert - autotext -
normal - GO2. Is there a way to be able to just press 'ctrl G' or whatever
and have it show up? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason,

You can record your actions as a Macro and assign a shortcut key to
that Macro.

To record a macro, go to Tools - Macros - Record new macro. Give the
macro some name and your desired shortcut key and say OK. Your macro
will start recording. After completing your actions, click on the Stop
button on the small toolbar that has just appeared.

You're done my friend.

Amir

Carol

Hi Jason,

Yes, you can create a macro and assign it to the keyboard as Ctrl + G as
long as you don't have something else assigned to those keys.

Click on Tools | Macros | Record New Macro

Assign to Keyboard Ctrl + G

Then record your macro by typing G and then click on Font and Superscript
and Ok and type the 2.

Stop recording macro and close your document without saving.

Then use the key assigned and you should be good to go.

I hope this has been helpful to you!

"Jason" wrote:

I want to be able to create a keyboard shortcut for a specific word. The word
is GO2 with the 2 being in a subscript format. Is this possible? I've managed
to get it into "insert autotext" but I still have to go insert - autotext -
normal - GO2. Is there a way to be able to just press 'ctrl G' or whatever
and have it show up? Thanks in advance for any help.

A macro is not necessary. The text you describe can be saved as either an
AutoText entry or a formatted AutoCorrect entry. If you save it as AutoText,
you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it. If AutoCorrect, this is not
necessary; just type go2 (or whatever shortcut you assign), and the
formatted entry will be inserted. For more, see

What Is Autotext and How Do I Use It?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

Exploiting AutoCorrect
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

"Jason" wrote in message
I want to be able to create a keyboard shortcut for a specific word. The

word
is GO2 with the 2 being in a subscript format. Is this possible? I've

managed
to get it into "insert autotext" but I still have to go insert -

autotext -
normal - GO2. Is there a way to be able to just press 'ctrl G' or

whatever
and have it show up? Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve

Hi,
I tried all of the methods above, but in the Autocorrect/Auto Text method,
I cannot input the subscript at all. With the Macro, I get a runtime error
5844.
Any ideas?

"Jason" wrote in message
I want to be able to create a keyboard shortcut for a specific word. The

word
is GO2 with the 2 being in a subscript format. Is this possible? I've

managed
to get it into "insert autotext" but I still have to go insert -

autotext -
normal - GO2. Is there a way to be able to just press 'ctrl G' or

whatever
and have it show up? Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You do NOT need a macro. Type GO2 with the 2 as a subscript. Select it.
Press Alt+F3 to create an AutoText entry or Tools | AutoCorrect to create an
AutoCorrect entry (making sure that the "Formatted" radio button is
selected).

Also, keep in mind that the shortcut key for subscript is Ctrl+=, which
isn't really too much trouble to press when you want a subscript.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A macro is not necessary. The text you describe can be saved as either

an
AutoText entry or a formatted AutoCorrect entry. If you save it as

AutoText,
you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it. If AutoCorrect, this is not
necessary; just type go2 (or whatever shortcut you assign), and the
formatted entry will be inserted. For more, see

What Is Autotext and How Do I Use It?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

Exploiting AutoCorrect
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm