Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default {private} code ?

In a long document I have the following code
{private}
visible throughout the document (when I click on reveal codes).

I have plenty of other codes, but I do not think I created those. Is it
safe to delete the {private} codes?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Those field codes are usually a symptom of the document having originated in
WordPerfect. Unless you plan to convert back, it's usually safe to just
delete them.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
In a long document I have the following code
{private}
visible throughout the document (when I click on reveal codes).

I have plenty of other codes, but I do not think I created those. Is it
safe to delete the {private} codes?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Thanks Suzanne. You are correct. This document was originally created in
WordPerfect (10 years ago).

While I have you, I created an index that formed in 2 columns. Is there an
easy way to change it into a 3 column index.?

Thanks.

Jeff

wrote in message
In a long document I have the following code
{private}
visible throughout the document (when I click on reveal codes).

I have plenty of other codes, but I do not think I created those. Is it
safe to delete the {private} codes?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The easiest way is to Alt+F9 to display the index, which will by default
look something like { INDEX \c "2" \z "1033" }, and change the "2" to "3."

http://word.mvps.org