How do I apply a double underline in a table cell?

Old January 20th 06, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How do I apply a double underline in a table cell?

I work in an accounting department and desire to put double underlines in
certain cells within a Word table. I've attempted to try Format, Font,
Underline style. When I select double underline...it only double underlines
the figures within the cell - NOT the complete cell. I've also used the
Border button when the double underline is required in the middle of a table;
however, I'm needing a double underline on the bottom line of the table. I'm
using MS Office XP. Thanks so much!
Old January 20th 06, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Assuming you currently have NO borders on the table, select the cell or
click inside of it.
Hit Format--Borders and Shading.
At the bottom-right, make sure the Apply to says CELL.
On the Borders tab, choose NONE under Setting.
On the Style, scroll down a little bit and choose the two-line jobbie.
In the Preview window, click the 3rd button from the top.
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com