Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brandon[_2_] Brandon[_2_] is offline

Default Insert Break in Level of Outline Numbering

I'm trying to have my first level looking something like:

Section 1 (break)
Text Here

I am only able to get something like:
Section 1 (tab) Text Here

Is this possible?

Also, what's the difference between the paragraph and tab formatting of
Heading1 versus the Level tab formatting of Level 1?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Brandon" wrote in message
I'm trying to have my first level looking something like:

Section 1 (break)
Text Here

I am only able to get something like:
Section 1 (tab) Text Here

Is this possible?

You can't include a page break with the numbering. Instead, you can
use two styles: one for the "Section 1" part and one for the "Text
here" part. Include the relevant one in your table of contents (if you
need one).

Also, what's the difference between the paragraph and tab formatting
of
Heading1 versus the Level tab formatting of Level 1?

Thanks.

There should be no difference (except for the obvious: a numbering
scheme requires only one tab stop, for example, whereas a paragraph
can have several), but, in practice, it's safer to set the indentation
and text position (which includes a tab stop as well) in the numbering
options. In some versions of Word it is absolutely crucial to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can't include a page break with the numbering.

Correction: Although this is a true statement, I (obviously) meant to
write *paragraph* break.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
"Brandon" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brandon[_2_] Brandon[_2_] is offline

I did this and it looks nice. I'm not sure it's entirely user friendly in a
template though. If the user creates a Heading 1 and forgets to create the
secondary style, which I called SubHeading 1, it will look quite ugly I
did force it to use SubHeading1 as Heading 1's following paragraph style
though.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Brandon" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Setting the "Style for following paragraph" helps a lot.

Beyond that, I guess you would have to teach the users how to properly
make use of templates.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP