Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike G. Mike G. is offline

Default Remove Highlighting From a Style

I have a complicated Doc a previous collegue produced, and it has text field
that automatically applies grey highlight . I traced it to a Style through
the Reveal Formatting command and can apply "None" highlighting for each
paragraph manually, but would like to modify the Style it's associated with,
but can't find where. It's not in the shading area. Help Please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jo Jo is offline

Have you tried looking under Borders and Shading? Maybe turning the
background shading specifically to white, rather than none?

Jo

"Mike G." wrote:

I have a complicated Doc a previous collegue produced, and it has text field
that automatically applies grey highlight . I traced it to a Style through
the Reveal Formatting command and can apply "None" highlighting for each
paragraph manually, but would like to modify the Style it's associated with,
but can't find where. It's not in the shading area. Help Please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:59:51 -0700, Mike G.
wrote:

I have a complicated Doc a previous collegue produced, and it has text field
that automatically applies grey highlight . I traced it to a Style through
the Reveal Formatting command and can apply "None" highlighting for each
paragraph manually, but would like to modify the Style it's associated with,
but can't find where. It's not in the shading area. Help Please?

It has nothing at all to do with styles.

Go to Tools Options View and set the Field Shading dropdown to
Never.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you used the Text Highlight command to remove the highlight then I'd say
it isn't in the style but it was applied as a direct format. If you apply
the style to other text does the highlight appear? If not then you can
either select the entire document and remove the highlight or if you need to
confine the replacement to a specific style then you can use Find/Replace to
remove it:

- Select None from the Highlight command
- Press F5 to display the Find/Replace dialog box
- Click the Replace tab
- Click the More button
- Place your insertion point in the Find text box
- Click the Format button and then click Highlight
- Click the Format button and then click Style
- Select your Style and then click OK.
- Place your insertion point in the Replace text box
- Click the Format button and then click Highlight
- Click Replace All

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: