Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stockwell43 Stockwell43 is offline

Default Select Print Button

Hello,

I have a 17 page checklist. When the user fills out the section they need
they have to printi out. They may use section G on page 5 and then print out
only page 5. I wanted to place a command button at the top of each page so no
matter what section and page they are on they can click the button to bring
up the print select menu.

I know how to place the button on the form but how to I get it to bring up
the print select menu?

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stockwell43 Stockwell43 is offline

Ok, I figured it out by doing a macro. However, how do I fix it so the print
button doesn't print on the page?

Thanks!!

"Stockwell43" wrote:

Hello,

I have a 17 page checklist. When the user fills out the section they need
they have to printi out. They may use section G on page 5 and then print out
only page 5. I wanted to place a command button at the top of each page so no
matter what section and page they are on they can click the button to bring
up the print select menu.

I know how to place the button on the form but how to I get it to bring up
the print select menu?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use a custom toolbar in the document template to contain the button.
Toolbars don't print.

"Stockwell43" wrote:

Hello,

I have a 17 page checklist. When the user fills out the section they
need they have to printi out. They may use section G on page 5 and
then print out only page 5. I wanted to place a command button at
the top of each page so no matter what section and page they are on
they can click the button to bring up the print select menu.

I know how to place the button on the form but how to I get it to
bring up the print select menu?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stockwell43 Stockwell43 is offline

Hi Suzanne,

I tried that code before and it does hid the button but it prints the whole
document. I have a macro so that it prints only the current page and place a
button on all the pages which is great. I just need to hide the button from
printing. But again, I found this code and when I place it in my macro, it
prints the whole document overriding my macro.

Is there any other way to get around this?

Thanks!!

"Stockwell43" wrote:

Hello,

I have a 17 page checklist. When the user fills out the section they need
they have to printi out. They may use section G on page 5 and then print
out
only page 5. I wanted to place a command button at the top of each page
so no
matter what section and page they are on they can click the button to
bring
up the print select menu.

I know how to place the button on the form but how to I get it to bring
up
the print select menu?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.general

Presumably you need slightly different code. I don't see anything in the
code given in that article that says anything about printing at all, so I'm
at a loss (especially since I'm not a coder). If you don't get further help
here, perhaps it will come from one of the Word VBA NGs. I'll cross-post to
microsoft.public.word.vba.general and hope for help from there.