Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mcintosh.cj.l@gmail.com is offline

Default Keeping text together on same line - Dr., Mr., a.m., p.m.

I don't want to have to restructure my sentence or force a hard return that may adversely affect the document after edits, so how can I keep a title reference (Dr., Mr., Mrs.) tied to the name or the a.m./p.m. or credentials (Phd, MD) together on the same line? In WP we would use ctrl+space. How do we do this in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use the "non-breaking space" character. If you go to the "Special Characters"
pane of the "Symbol" tool (on the Insert tab of the Ribbon, its symbol is
a capital Omega, at the far right), it tells you that the keyboard
shortcut for non-breaking space is Ctrl-Shift-Space. (Just as a non-
breaking hyphen is Ctrl-Shift-hyphen.)

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 1:01:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I don't want to have to restructure my sentence or force a hard return that may adversely affect the document after edits, so how can I keep a title reference (Dr., Mr., Mrs.) tied to the name or the a.m./p.m. or credentials (Phd, MD) together on the same line? In WP we would use ctrl+space. How do we do this in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 12:01:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I don't want to have to restructure my sentence or force a hard return that may adversely affect the document after edits, so how can I keep a title reference (Dr., Mr., Mrs.) tied to the name or the a.m./p.m. or credentials (Phd, MD) together on the same line? In WP we would use ctrl+space. How do we do this in Word?

Peter,

Thank you so much. You have made my day!

CJ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 3:10:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 12:01:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I don't want to have to restructure my sentence or force a hard return that may adversely affect the document after edits, so how can I keep a title reference (Dr., Mr., Mrs.) tied to the name or the a.m./p.m. or credentials (Phd, MD) together on the same line? In WP we would use ctrl+space. How do we do this in Word?

Peter,

Thank you so much. You have made my day!

CJ

Oh, I wouldn't go that far ... I haven't the slightest idea how to deal
with your other question!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 2:24:39 PM UTC-6, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 3:10:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 12:01:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I don't want to have to restructure my sentence or force a hard return that may adversely affect the document after edits, so how can I keep a title reference (Dr., Mr., Mrs.) tied to the name or the a.m./p.m. or credentials (Phd, MD) together on the same line? In WP we would use ctrl+space. How do we do this in Word?

Peter,

Thank you so much. You have made my day!

CJ

Oh, I wouldn't go that far ... I haven't the slightest idea how to deal
with your other question!

That is quite okay. I am sure I will have other questions for which you will be the responding party. You are clearly a great source of information. CJ

Vinuri Vinuri is offline
Junior Member

I have a ready-made template, which I then substitute where I need. In general, after I needed to give a speech and I used https://uk.edubirdie.com/speech-writing-service I have not encountered similar problems anymore, because it is a really great service. After all, they are not only the best speech writing service, they have a very large list of services provided.