Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joyce G

Default How do I print or create a file from a .prn file?

I am a Windows XP user and my printer is a Lexmark 3100 series.
I decided to print some information from online. When I pressed Print I
was given the option to create a print (.prn) file. I was under the
impression I could print that file at a later date. Since I was in a hurry
to find more info I decided to "print to file."
It was saved on my desktop.
I cannot print it or open it.
I called Bellsouth and they could not help. I called Lexmark and they have
still not gotten back to me. I've read all kinds of info online on how to do
it but still cannot find anything that works.
Have I lost all the time and info I saved in multiple files? I do not know
where I originally found the data and my "history" file with the info is no
longer available.
If it is not for printing, what is it for.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Try dragging the file icon to your printer icon.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Joyce G" Joyce wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al

There is a great Freeware utility to print PRN files at
http://hem.passagen.se/ptlerup/prfile.html

Al