unable to remove highlight from text.

Old May 31st 06, 06:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default unable to remove highlight from text.

I'm working in a table in Word 2000 and have certain lines of text
highlighted in yellow. But when I try to remove the highlight, it doesn't
work. I select the text and hit the highlight/no highlight button, but it
stays yellow. I have also done a ctrl-A to select the entire document and hit
the highlight/no highlight button, but when I click off of it, the same lines
are left with the yellow highlight. Any suggestions?
Old May 31st 06, 09:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What you are seeing probably isn't highlighting but text (or
paragraph) shading. To remove it, select the text and, on the Format
menu, click Borders and Shading. Click the Shading tab. Click the "No
Fill" option and then click OK. Alternatively, press Ctrl+SpaceBar to
remove all font formatting not in style. (If the formatting comes from
a paragraph style, you would have to modify it to get rid of the
shading.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Terri" wrote in message
I'm working in a table in Word 2000 and have certain lines of text
highlighted in yellow. But when I try to remove the highlight, it

doesn't
work. I select the text and hit the highlight/no highlight button,

but it
stays yellow. I have also done a ctrl-A to select the entire

document and hit
the highlight/no highlight button, but when I click off of it, the

same lines
are left with the yellow highlight. Any suggestions?

Why can't I highlight a word and type over the text anymore? SK Microsoft Word Help 1 May 1st 06 09:18 PM
remove all text boxes Alan Smithee Jr. New Users 2 April 29th 06 04:10 AM
Creating dynamic cross reference links in a Word document torajudo Microsoft Word Help 4 October 25th 05 03:51 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM