Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
:)

Default How do I format my address book to include phone and fax numbers

I want to format my address book in Word to pull up address from outlook -
but I also need it to pull up the phone number and fax number. I need it to
look like this when I insert it
Name
address
city, state zip
phone: (000)000-0000
fax000)000-0000
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Jones

You should be able to pick up your Outlook address book as a data source for
a mail merge and as long as you've entered the information in the correct
places in Outlook it should merge OK.

Andrea Jones
www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
www.allaboutclait.com

"" wrote:

I want to format my address book in Word to pull up address from outlook -
but I also need it to pull up the phone number and fax number. I need it to
look like this when I insert it
Name
address
city, state zip
phone: (000)000-0000
fax000)000-0000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm for a method of doing this by
macro.

You will of course need to establish which of the many phone and fax numbers
saved in Outlook you want included.

Alternatively you can use the fields listed at the end of the referenced
article to create an autotext entry called AddressLayout (all one word)
containing something similar to:

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS

}{Phone: PR_OFFICE_TELEPHONE_NUMBER

}{Fax: PR_BUSINESS_FAX_NUMBER}

Note the positions of the curly brackets as they determine what happens when
the fields are empty - and note thesea are curly brackets and NOT field
boundaries as entered with CTRL+F9 (you can copy ande paste from here).

Or you can use mail merge http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm