Proverbs31

Default When do I use created on in auto text vs revised on

Do I use "Created on" in Auto Text for a document I created but have had one
or two revisions in the last couple of days and use "revised on" for
documents that have been previously created by someone else but I am revising
the form?
Charles Kenyon

You use them on documents where you want to used them. Created on will show
the date the file was created on your computer. If you save a file you
receive from someone else on your computer I'm not sure what will happen to
that date. You can test it.

Revised on shows the date changes were last saved in the document. Note that
changes can be very minor things that don't change your text at all.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Proverbs31" wrote in message
Do I use "Created on" in Auto Text for a document I created but have had
one
or two revisions in the last couple of days and use "revised on" for
documents that have been previously created by someone else but I am
revising
the form?

Auto text at the beginning of each new document Oregon Old Guy Microsoft Word Help 2 January 10th 05 06:29 AM
auto text Lee Microsoft Word Help 4 December 31st 04 09:11 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Created my own format on first page, want text to continue same. . Wordworrier Microsoft Word Help 1 December 12th 04 08:53 PM
Auto Jump Text Field to Text Field jhnbernhard Tables 1 November 17th 04 02:13 PM