Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Custom label emergency

I have an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of labels as follows: 2 across and 3 down. They
are not Avery labels listed on Microsoft Word. They have no top, bottom, or
side margins whatsoever. Just perforated cardstock paper divided across by 2
and vertically by 3 which are to be torn apart, not peeled.

Nothing I've tried so far works. When I try the custom label it tells me
it's too big for the paper. Can you please help?

Thanks a million!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Did you check to see if the cardstock manufacturer offers a template?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I have an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of labels as follows: 2 across and 3 down.
They
are not Avery labels listed on Microsoft Word. They have no top, bottom,
or
side margins whatsoever. Just perforated cardstock paper divided across
by 2
and vertically by 3 which are to be torn apart, not peeled.

Nothing I've tried so far works. When I try the custom label it tells me
it's too big for the paper. Can you please help?

Thanks a million!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

1. Set all the page margins to 0", ignoring warnings. Create a 2 x 3 table
and set the row height to 11/3" (whatever that works out to). Set reasonable
cell padding so that you won't *actually* be trying to print in the
printer's unprintable area. Then insert your text.

or

2. Set small page margins (as small as your printer will let you get away
with). Insert a 3 x 5 table. Format column 2 to be the sum of the left and
right margins and let columns 1 and 3 split what's left. Similar, format the
height of rows 2 and 4 as the sum of the top and bottom margins and let rows
1, 3, and 5 split what's left. For example, if you wanted half-inch margins
all the way around (most printers can handle that), you'd make column 2 1";
columns 1 and 3 would be (8.5" - 0.5" - 0.5" - 1")/2 = 3.25". Rows 2 and 4
would be 1" and rows 1, 3, and 5 would be (11" - 0.5" - 0.5" - 1" - 1")/3 =
8/3".

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I have an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of labels as follows: 2 across and 3 down.

They
are not Avery labels listed on Microsoft Word. They have no top, bottom,

or
side margins whatsoever. Just perforated cardstock paper divided across

by 2
and vertically by 3 which are to be torn apart, not peeled.

Nothing I've tried so far works. When I try the custom label it tells me
it's too big for the paper. Can you please help?

Thanks a million!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Thank God for you, Suzanne. I'm home from the office now and am going to try
it right now.

Thanks again so much.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

HOW DO I SET A CUSTOM LABEL SIZE RHONA MC DERMOTT Mailmerge 0 June 28th 06 10:53 AM
how do a "save as" for a custom label? deb Microsoft Word Help 2 October 12th 05 04:45 AM
Custom/Label SS Microsoft Word Help 1 August 31st 05 03:57 PM
custom label lost in cincy Microsoft Word Help 3 March 23rd 05 09:55 PM
custom label rsamuel Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 04 12:11 AM