Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ed Morgan[_2_] Ed Morgan[_2_] is offline

Default Manual feed selection doesn't work

Trying to print labels from the manual feed (stack bypass) tray. I've tried
selecting the stackbypass tray in the both printer properties dialog box and
in the printer options box dropdown. I still get paper from other trays as if
the Autoselect was selected. What am i missing?
--
Ed Morgan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word?

What printer (I do not have the same printer but perhaps someone else here
does!)

Consider
a. merging to a new document before printing
b. with the output document opening, open File-Page Setup-Paper (Word
2003 and earlier, ish) or Page Layout-Page Setup-Paper (Word 2007) and see
if any of the settings in there work for you.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Ed Morgan" wrote in message
Trying to print labels from the manual feed (stack bypass) tray. I've
tried
selecting the stackbypass tray in the both printer properties dialog box
and
in the printer options box dropdown. I still get paper from other trays as
if
the Autoselect was selected. What am i missing?
--
Ed Morgan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ed Morgan[_2_] Ed Morgan[_2_] is offline

I'm using Word 2003, Printer: Canon ImageRunner 5570 - 4 addressable trays
plus stackbypass. I get the same result when I use the mailmerge sequence or
when the document is merged to a new document. I'll try your b. (I've been
printing my labels from Access tables and queries with no problems, but Word
mailmerge seems so weird to me.)
--
Ed Morgan

"Ed Morgan" wrote in message
Trying to print labels from the manual feed (stack bypass) tray. I've
tried
selecting the stackbypass tray in the both printer properties dialog box
and
in the printer options box dropdown. I still get paper from other trays as
if
the Autoselect was selected. What am i missing?
--
Ed Morgan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ed Morgan[_2_] Ed Morgan[_2_] is offline

The page setup approach worked on both the mailmerge sequence and the merged
document. My day is made! Thanks!
--
Ed Morgan

"Ed Morgan" wrote in message
Trying to print labels from the manual feed (stack bypass) tray. I've
tried
selecting the stackbypass tray in the both printer properties dialog box
and
in the printer options box dropdown. I still get paper from other trays as
if
the Autoselect was selected. What am i missing?
--
Ed Morgan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

that's a relief!