Bill

Default Cursor is at the top of the page ...

When I open a new document the cursor is right at the top of the page, ie
with no white margin. The 'line' position is correctly shown as 1, and the
'At' value is correct ie 2.5cm in this case. I have experimented with the
View settings without success and the Page Setup values all seem to be
correct. I cannot see what I have changed that could be causing this
behaviour.

When printed or previewed the document is fine.

Can anyone suggest anything please?

Ta.
Bill.

Stefan Blom

Please see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bill" wrote in message

When I open a new document the cursor is right at the top of the

page, ie
with no white margin. The 'line' position is correctly shown as 1,

and the
'At' value is correct ie 2.5cm in this case. I have experimented

with the
View settings without success and the Page Setup values all seem to

be
correct. I cannot see what I have changed that could be causing this
behaviour.

When printed or previewed the document is fine.

Can anyone suggest anything please?

Ta.
Bill.

Bill

The box is checked but greyed out.
Also the hover option does not work, ie the pointer newver cahnges to show
the options.

This is Word 2003 running on XP tablet PC Edition. I am an 'Admin'.

Anything else?

"Bill" wrote in message

When I open a new document the cursor is right at the top of the

page, ie
with no white margin. The 'line' position is correctly shown as 1,

and the
'At' value is correct ie 2.5cm in this case. I have experimented

with the
View settings without success and the Page Setup values all seem to

be
correct. I cannot see what I have changed that could be causing this
behaviour.

When printed or previewed the document is fine.

Can anyone suggest anything please?

Ta.
Bill.

Stefan Blom

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm and then
try again to show the white space between pages.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP