Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

Default Dropdown list in a form

Hi everybody,
I want to design a form in Word2003 but I have a problem with dropdown list
control when I add a dropdown list and add items in the list it doesnt show
any of the items but the first one basicly it doesnt look like a dropdown
list it looks like a text field. Any trick should I use to make it work?
thanks a lot
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

Thanks I found the trick but i have another problem i inserted a few text
fields in the form and changed their properties to accept only numbers or
dates in a certain format but they accept everything and only the lenght
limit i specified is working.
Any help appreciated.
Thank

"Harvey" wrote:

Hi everybody,
I want to design a form in Word2003 but I have a problem with dropdown list
control when I add a dropdown list and add items in the list it doesnt show
any of the items but the first one basicly it doesnt look like a dropdown
list it looks like a text field. Any trick should I use to make it work?
thanks a lot

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The length of the text you type in a text form field is checked as you type.
The value entered in a text form field is checked when you exit the field
(e.g. by pressing Tab to go to the next field). If you enter e.g. text in a
text form field of the type Number, the value will be set to "0" when you
exit the field. If you do not type a valid date in a text form field of the
type Date, a message will tell you that a valid date or time is required.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Harvey" wrote:

Hi everybody,
I want to design a form in Word2003 but I have a problem with dropdown list
control when I add a dropdown list and add items in the list it doesnt show
any of the items but the first one basicly it doesnt look like a dropdown
list it looks like a text field. Any trick should I use to make it work?
thanks a lot

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sealya Sealya is offline

Can you share your "trick" with me because I am getting frustrated over the
same thing and the directions in Word 2000 Help are totally not helping!

"Harvey" wrote:

Hi everybody,
I want to design a form in Word2003 but I have a problem with dropdown list
control when I add a dropdown list and add items in the list it doesnt show
any of the items but the first one basicly it doesnt look like a dropdown
list it looks like a text field. Any trick should I use to make it work?
thanks a lot

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

As long as the form is unprotected, a drop-down form field looks like a text
form field and you cannot access the list of values. Once the form is
protected, an arrow appears to the right of the field when you _select_ the
field and then you have access to the entire list of values and you can
select from it.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Harvey" wrote:

Hi everybody,
I want to design a form in Word2003 but I have a problem with dropdown list
control when I add a dropdown list and add items in the list it doesnt show
any of the items but the first one basicly it doesnt look like a dropdown
list it looks like a text field. Any trick should I use to make it work?
thanks a lot

Dropdown list question RogerM Page Layout 4 September 3rd 06 06:19 AM
Dropdown list question RogerM New Users 2 September 3rd 06 06:18 AM
Conditional Dropdown List in a Word Form Leesa Microsoft Word Help 5 August 25th 06 10:50 PM
dropdown list rml Microsoft Word Help 1 August 4th 06 04:40 PM
Creating a dropdown list Jaywright Microsoft Word Help 1 June 8th 05 11:53 PM