is it possible to alphabetize a set of labels for employees

Old July 21st 08, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gaileroy

Default is it possible to alphabetize a set of labels for employees

I have been trying to alphabetize a set of labes for employees. We have a
large turnover and everytime new individual comes in I have to move everyone
up or down in order to keep the labels in order
Old July 21st 08, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In situations such as this you really need to have a "back end" for the
labels that you can alphabetize. This is known as a data source. You can
create this in Word, Excel, or Access and use it to generate new labels very
easily through a mail merge. See

How to create a Mail merge
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

Creating a mail merge Data Source
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...DataSource.htm

Mail merge labels with Word XP

Mail merge labels with Word 2007
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

Old July 22nd 08, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PamC via OfficeKB.com

Also, if you are working with address labels in Word tables, take a look at
this MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...ToDatafile.htm.

PamC