Comment Bubble placement

Old August 20th 09, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo213

Default Comment Bubble placement

Can Comment Bubble be moved to in-line [within 8-1/2 x 11 printing] and not
on extra 4" wide edge that shrinks the page when printed?

Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213
Old August 20th 09, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

You can adjust the width allotted to balloons, but if you choose to
use the balloons display instead of the separate pane display, Word
will shrink the page when printing.

In Word2007, go to Track Changes Options (arrow under the big Track
Changes icon), and near the bottom you can set the balloon width, and
whether to use balloons at all.

Old August 20th 09, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo213

Thanks, Peter, for your reply & assistance.

You answered clearly and correctly. However through your answer I now know
that WORD can't do what I would like it to do.

I think WORD should also have the option to display the bubble BELOW the
text instead of just riight / left so the zoom-reduce-on-print would not be
necessary.

Thanks again.

Jimbo213

Old August 20th 09, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Hmm, note that if the comment balloons were displayed (and printed) below
the body text, with Word's logic the height of the document pages would be
affected instead, so that probably wouldn't solve anything.

You may want to try the following macro to insert the text of each comment
in the main body of the document:

Sub InsertFootnoteTextInDoc()
Dim c As Comment

For Each c In ActiveDocument.Comments
c.Reference.InsertAfter "[" & c.Range.Text & "]"
Next c
End Sub

For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

Print the document and then close without saving (unless you want to save
the inserted comments of course).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old August 21st 09, 09:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Sorry, I used a confusing name of the macro. But the code is correct (it
does deal with comments):

Sub InsertCommentTextInDoc()