Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo213 Jimbo213 is offline

Default Comment Bubble placement

Can Comment Bubble be moved to in-line [within 8-1/2 x 11 printing] and not
on extra 4" wide edge that shrinks the page when printed?

Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can adjust the width allotted to balloons, but if you choose to
use the balloons display instead of the separate pane display, Word
will shrink the page when printing.

In Word2007, go to Track Changes Options (arrow under the big Track
Changes icon), and near the bottom you can set the balloon width, and
whether to use balloons at all.

On Aug 20, 11:48*am, Jimbo213
wrote:
Can Comment Bubble be moved to in-line [within 8-1/2 x 11 printing] and not
on extra 4" wide edge that shrinks the page when printed?

Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo213 Jimbo213 is offline

Thanks, Peter, for your reply & assistance.

You answered clearly and correctly. However through your answer I now know
that WORD can't do what I would like it to do.

I think WORD should also have the option to display the bubble BELOW the
text instead of just riight / left so the zoom-reduce-on-print would not be
necessary.

Thanks again.

Jimbo213

wrote:
Can Comment Bubble be moved to in-line [within 8-1/2 x 11 printing] and not
on extra 4" wide edge that shrinks the page when printed?

Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hmm, note that if the comment balloons were displayed (and printed) below
the body text, with Word's logic the height of the document pages would be
affected instead, so that probably wouldn't solve anything.

You may want to try the following macro to insert the text of each comment
in the main body of the document:

Sub InsertFootnoteTextInDoc()
Dim c As Comment

For Each c In ActiveDocument.Comments
c.Reference.InsertAfter "[" & c.Range.Text & "]"
Next c
End Sub

For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

Print the document and then close without saving (unless you want to save
the inserted comments of course).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote:
Can Comment Bubble be moved to in-line [within 8-1/2 x 11 printing] and
not
on extra 4" wide edge that shrinks the page when printed?

Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sorry, I used a confusing name of the macro. But the code is correct (it
does deal with comments):

Sub InsertCommentTextInDoc()