Re saving macros problem

Old November 2nd 13, 11:23 AM
kaye123 kaye123 is offline

[quote='Stefan Blom[_3_];494862']Since you have replied to an old thread, I see your post out of context
(because I'm using an NNTP newsreader where older messages get deleted
regularly).

In what way do you want to change the footnotes in Word? Which version of
Word are you using?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Hello Stefan
I am using this post because I wanted to get back to you to say that the problem I last wrote about is clear now. Don't worry about macros or anything else. It is a simple normal.docm problem.

I now have a supposedly blank document with writing on - "the quick brown fox" hereafter known as "the fox" for identification purposes. (before I just got an open window with no doc so now I can actually see what is happening) . It is now opening as a blank document and I cannot rename it because I get the message it is open even though I have closed all documents. So basically this is what was happening when I was opening and closing documents and getting messages and then not being able to change anything because a doc was open.

I cleared out all my macros that had been in global template and redid my macro and it is the only one in there.

So when I try and get a new document it comes up. My normal.docm are now found in "new from existing templates". If I try and do a search from start I go straight to the fox doc. It doesn't do a search.
I try and make a new one by going to file and open but it still brings up the fox doc.
So I need to rename it but just cant seem to be able to . Oh and I have ticked hidden files so I can see everything. Could it be a hidden file?

I hope this makes everything clearer. I am looking at a document on how to fix it but lots of different versions in the one article. The article warns about
making a new normal doc for existing files.

My macro was for all files because I don't do any other work with footnotes.
Thank you in advance for helping with this document.

As for one of the other questions re italics.
I still cannot understand why italics changed. What question should I ask to see if I can get an article or an explanation and fix please?

regards
Old November 4th 13, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Default Re saving macros problem

Are you trying to post an example document? Whether you can "attach" a file
or not depends on how you access these groups. What you can do is upload a
file to SkyDrive and post a link here.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kaye123" skrev i meddelandet

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;494877']Could you show us the code of the macro in question?

With regards to italics being a toggle, this just means that if you
apply italics to regular text, you get italics (not surprisingly).
However, if you apply it again to the same text, you get regular text
back.

This may cause unexpected results if there is a style conflict and/or if

italics resurface if you haven't modified a style correctly.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan I have tried to send you a reply and lost it twice. I had to got
back to a capacha page and sign in again. I lost this so just trying
again. I sent the script in this post. Should I have attached it.

Regards

--
kaye123 [/i][/color]

Old November 19th 13, 11:41 PM
kaye123 kaye123 is offline

Originally Posted by kaye123 View Post
Regards
Thanks Stefan . Ok will try again and see if I can attach macro..

Macro. Obviously this is stopping my message from going through.

Normal template :.
This article describes my problem in "Read only mode" with screenshots. http://www.wordarticles.com/Articles...tes/Normal.php
I also get documents back from proofing but this has been fine for months. No problem. Should I change any settings to allow this.

Italics
These are only in footnotes an I use endnote citation software. I have had to redo it manually but it reverts. I found some endnote files in global template. Perhaps they are not supposed to be there , I only recall one of them being there.Sent a post to forum but no reply. It hasnít changed any of my other proofed documents. It seemed to happen with normal template.

Macro
It is just for changing footnote to ordinary number not superscript and gives me spacing.
I have been using it a long time now. Strange. I went to make a new word doc to past macro but the new doc had writing on it. it is one I used for a couple of lines yesterday but it was still there in a new document!!
I have attached the doc from word..

Stefan just went into normal template and it brought up the same blank doc that had words written on it. Does this help explain any problems? When I sent the above message to you I got another message about template but too quick to see. Closed word and went into normal.docm and that is when I found the new document with words still on it. This is getting worse.Many thanks[/quote]

Hello Stephan
Re normal docm problem. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been unwell. I have resolved my normal.docm problem that has arisen in this thread. I am still unsure as to why I am loosing my italics but will keep an eye on it and if it happens again I can provide more information.
Thank you for your assistance
Kaye

Old November 19th 13, 11:47 PM
kaye123 kaye123 is offline

[quote=kaye123;494883]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
[...]

Want to make sure you get my reply so posted to a couple of yor posts.
Old November 20th 13, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

So things are OK for now? Do post back if the problem comes back. Actually,
you may want to post to an entirely new thread, if necessary, to get more
attention.

Good luck!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old April 12th 21, 08:33 AM
willardfm58 willardfm58 is offline

The answer to this question is really simple. Solar power is a pure and clean process. And also itís a renewable energy resource. For electricity production, it minimizes the dependency on oil, coal, and natural gas. These fossil fuels are dangerous and pollute the quality of air, soil, and water. They are also responsible for global warming. There are numerous advantages of using solar power but the most are that it produces no pollution. You can know more about solar power and its uses here ptcl speed test