The "draw" button in Word should stay alive until I dismiss it.

Old October 1st 06, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zar the Educator

Default The "draw" button in Word should stay alive until I dismiss it.

When I want to switch back and forth between aligning objects and aligning
relative to page for example, it is annoying to have the draw button kicking
off when I click a choice. It should stay alive as a palette until I dismiss
it.

Also, regarding ANY of the sub-menus, how about making an option that if you
click the arrowhead on the launching menu the sub-menu stays alive, even if
you accidentally fall off of it with the mouse?

Similarly, I like the "details" view in my folder windows. How come this
can't be set at the Control Panel so that it becomes the default for all new
windows? I'll change it to "thumbnails" or whatever if I want, but I should
be able to select how I want the defaults.

JTC

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Old October 2nd 06, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To start at the end, folder options are set in Windows.

To keep the Align and Distribute menu available, click the dotted part at
the top and drag it to create a "tear-off" toolbar.

"Zar the Educator" Zar the wrote in
message ...

Old October 2nd 06, 09:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaleel

Hi,

If you always want “details view” in Windows Explorer for all the folders,
do the following:

Open Explorer and select any folder. Go to View and select details. Now go
to Tools – Folder Options. Select View Tab and press Apply to All Folders –
OK

Regards,

Jaleel