Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tooolnut tooolnut is offline

Default How do I set up a top mirrored gutter?

I noticed the date on this posting. Is this still not a built-in feature in
Word 2007?

I have found an easier way around this: this feature is in my
duplex-printing Brother "printer properties". It works exactly as I want it
to, even when I mix portrait on one side with landscape on the other: the
orientation of the landscape page is correct when you hold the book opened
with the lower-numbered page on top. The way I found Word 2007 looks at it is
not meant for duplex at all, because you'd otherwise have to rotate the book
180 degrees every consecutive landscape page.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Glad I could help.

"migueldc" wrote in message
Brilliant!

Thank you very much,

--Miguel

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to do this, but you can fake it.
Ignore the gutter setting and instead choose "Different odd and even" on

the
Layout tab of Page Setup. Then add extra space to the header on odd

pages
and the footer on even ones (using Space Before/After applied to the
header/footer paragraph).

newsgroup so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The page rotation seems to vary depending on your printer driver.

http://word.mvps.org

"tooolnut" wrote in message
I noticed the date on this posting. Is this still not a built-in feature in
Word 2007?

I have found an easier way around this: this feature is in my
duplex-printing Brother "printer properties". It works exactly as I want
it
to, even when I mix portrait on one side with landscape on the other: the
orientation of the landscape page is correct when you hold the book opened
with the lower-numbered page on top. The way I found Word 2007 looks at it
is
not meant for duplex at all, because you'd otherwise have to rotate the
book
180 degrees every consecutive landscape page.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Glad I could help.

so
all may benefit.