STEVE

Default "Convert file from what"

All of a sudden, word 97 ask me "convert file from what"
It gives a number of options, none of which look formatted like it use to.

If I open with rich text format, it comes as close to what is should be, but
colums are still not aligned and logo is missing.
Do I need to download a converter or something?
Please help,
Thank you!
Shauna Kelly

Hi Steve

When you ask Word to open a file that it does not recognize as a Word
document, it guesses the format of the document, and uses its best guess of
several converters it has available. If, however, you have ticked the box at
Tools Options General Confirm conversion at open, then Word will not
use its best guess, but will instead ask you which converter to use.

So, un-tick that box, and see how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"STEVE" wrote in message
All of a sudden, word 97 ask me "convert file from what"
It gives a number of options, none of which look formatted like it use to.

If I open with rich text format, it comes as close to what is should be,
but
colums are still not aligned and logo is missing.
Do I need to download a converter or something?
Please help,
Thank you!

STEVE

Shauna,
When I did this, I opened a word doc, it was aligned by column correctly and
showed the logo.
Now, I opened it again,it is not aligned as good and it is missing the logo.
Any ideas?
Thanks again
Steve