Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SATimb SATimb is offline

Default Letter folder marks

Hello,
I am trying to figure out how to put those marks on my documents that tell
me where to fold a letter. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks so much,
Wendy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Anchor a bordless in the header of your document so that it extends down the
length of the page and is located in the left hand margin. Inside this
textbox, insert a one column two row table from which you remove the borders
from the top of the table and the sides and then adjust the row heights so
that that the remaining borders fall in the position where you want the fold
marks to appear.

As you probably only want these marks to appear on the first page of your
document, it is in the First Page Header that you should anchor this text
box.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"SATimb" wrote in message
news
Hello,
I am trying to figure out how to put those marks on my documents that tell
me where to fold a letter. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks so much,
Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Zac Thompson Zac Thompson is offline

TO ANSER YOUR QUISTIN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"SATimb" wrote in message
news
Hello,
I am trying to figure out how to put those marks on my documents that tell
me where to fold a letter. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks so much,
Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve Swift[_2_] Steve Swift[_2_] is offline

SATimb wrote:
I am trying to figure out how to put those marks on my documents that tell
me where to fold a letter.

I don't know how to add them, but the last time I researched this topic
(probably more than 20 years ago) I managed to find the correct word for
them. Unfortunately it's not a word you use everyday, and my memory is
getting hazy. Sinebend.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The word you may be looking for is "crop marks," but they are something
different. AFAIK, there is no special name for marks to indicate folding,
but adding them isn't rocket science. It requires a ruler and the drawing
tool. Fold a sheet of paper as desired, measure where the marks should go,
then use the line tool to draw lines where they're needed. If you have more
than one page and want these to appear on every page, open the header before
you draw the lines (so they'll be anchored to the header paragraph), and
they'll repeat on every page.

Be aware that there is an irreducible unprintable area around the edges of
the paper. This is usually pretty small (0.25" or less) on the sides, but
the marks will not print in that area, so be sure to make them wider than
that or place them entirely inside the printable area.

http://word.mvps.org