Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve W Steve W is offline

Default Same font displays differently

After OCR/scanning some pages, I converted the fonts using cntrl-A to TNR,
and its displays differently in two parts of the combined document. the
fainter one is between regular and boldface. I cannot get a consistent
display, even with styles. (Yes, it shows the same throughout in the menu.)
Is it something from the scan/OCR process?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you confirmed that the type is the same SIZE throughout? The same
color?

http://word.mvps.org

"Steve W" wrote in message
After OCR/scanning some pages, I converted the fonts using cntrl-A to TNR,
and its displays differently in two parts of the combined document. the
fainter one is between regular and boldface. I cannot get a consistent
display, even with styles. (Yes, it shows the same throughout in the
menu.)
Is it something from the scan/OCR process?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Even with the best OCR software the process is a somewhat hit or miss and
there can be lots of formatting anomalies that can take ages to resolve
individually. It might be better to select the lot, apply normal style, then
CTRL+Space and CTRL+Q to drop everything back to the default normal style,
then format the document with styles to produce the results you require.

"Steve W" wrote in message
After OCR/scanning some pages, I converted the fonts using cntrl-A to TNR,
and its displays differently in two parts of the combined document. the
fainter one is between regular and boldface. I cannot get a consistent
display, even with styles. (Yes, it shows the same throughout in the
menu.)
Is it something from the scan/OCR process?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The two commands reset the font and paragraph settings to the underlying
settings. i.e they remove manual formatting.