Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Toranaga San Toranaga San is offline

Default How can I darken the brightness of the blank word page

I find the basic blank page when opening microsoft word, too bright. How can
I tone it down?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The way I do it by changing the Windows window color to a softer shade. I
use RGB 255, 255, 225 IIRC, which gives ivory (the same color used in
ScreenTips, often described as yellow). Once you get used to it, you see it
as white until you compare it to actual white. It has the added advantage
that if there is a white-filled object (such as a text box with no outline)
on the page, it's easy to spot, even without text boundaries displayed.

http://word.mvps.org