Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peter Piper Peter Piper is offline

Default Landscape/Portrait settings

Hi.
For some reason when I open a blank document page it opens in landscape.
(Never used to) When I try to change it to portrait I get the error message
increasing right margin causes last column to become to narrow.....Can anyone
tell me what is going on please?
--
Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can avoid the error message by going to Format | Columns and clicking on
the preset picture for One. This checks the "Equal column width" box, which
allows the (single) column width to be changed from the default (for
portrait) 6" to whatever the distance between side margins is. Since this
affects all new documents, you'll need to make this change in the Normal
template; at the same time, you can change from Landscape to Portrait. If
you need help finding the Normal template, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm
http://word.mvps.org