Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
computerhelp1010 computerhelp1010 is offline

Default Setting up Language tools for spell check

I just installed a full copy of MSO 2003 and tried to get my languages set
for proofing/spell check.

I went to Tools\Language\Language set and added German, French and Spanish
with English as the default.

When I went to spell check, I selected German as the default and went to
spell check and got a message that I have to install that proofing tool, I am
not sure what I have to do for that.

However, when I selected French as the default, that was OK. Spell check
came up with the default dictionary being French.

When I selected Spanish as the default language, I tried spell check again
but it defaulted to the French dictionary. When I selectively changed this
to Spanish, the spell check was fine.

But most important, when I close out of word and then initialize it, the
selected languages, French, Spanish & German are no longer in the listing.

What is going on here as this should be something I can setup and have
automatic for whatever documnt I open

Thanks.