Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David23 David23 is offline

Default When I press "Insert" then "Symbol" nothing happens.

The Insert-Symbol sequence has always worked before....any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"David23" wrote:
The Insert-Symbol sequence has always worked before....any ideas?

Maybe you've written some macro with the name "InsertSymbol"?

Or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + Num+ (where Num+ is the "+" key on
the numeric keypad), and then click on "Insert Symbol".
That could tell you any weird stuff (macro or add-in that took over the
command).

If that doesn't help, resetting the Insert menu might fix it ("Tools
Customize...", then right-click on the Insert menu).

Regards,
Klaus