VWarrier

Default How to retrieve a saved file in msword2003?

I am unable to retrieve a saved file for my msword applications. Recently
when I try to save the file it gives me an answer that the file Normal
already exists.Also it promptsme whether I want o repalce the file. Suppose
i try to save it it tells me in Templates. The end result is that I am unable
to retrieve the saved file.
Beth Melton

If you are using Norton AV then the problem is caused by a conflict
between the Word in and Norton. In Norton go to "Options" and in the
Miscellaneous section turn off "Enable Office Plug-in".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"VWarrier" wrote in message
I am unable to retrieve a saved file for my msword applications.
Recently
when I try to save the file it gives me an answer that the file
Normal
already exists.Also it promptsme whether I want o repalce the file.
Suppose
i try to save it it tells me in Templates. The end result is that I
am unable
to retrieve the saved file.

The fact that Word is trying to save it as Normal.dot (or failing that, as
another template) suggests that you have managed to open Normal.dot for
editing instead of creating a new document based on it. How are you opening
this document? How are you creating new documents? What add-ins are listed
in Tools | Templates and Add-ins? Did you get Word as part of Works Suite?
Do you use Norton AntiVirus? (If the answer to the last question is yes,
disable its Office Plug-in for starters.)