Text box "dissapears" and does not print

Old March 4th 09, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Krystin

Default Text box "dissapears" and does not print

I'm working with a document with pictures.
Unfortunately I did not create the original document, so I don't know how
the text box was set up.
I know a text box exists in the document, but after resizing pictures and
moving them around the text box disappeared.
When I print the document the text box is not there (doesn't print).
The only way I've been able to see the text box after making the necessary
changes to the pictures is to go into the "Reading Layout."
I like to operate primarily in the "Print Layout," but when I am in this
layout I cannot see the text box at all.
I am using Word 03.
I've changed the layout of the pictures to "Behind Text" but I still cannot
view the text box.
Help!

Old March 5th 09, 10:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Check tools options view 'drawings' - uncheck 'picture placeholders'
Check tools options print 'drawing objects' and 'background colors and
images'

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old March 24th 13, 03:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Krystin wrote:
I'm working with a document with pictures.
Unfortunately I did not create the original document, so I don't know
how the text box was set up.
I know a text box exists in the document, but after resizing pictures
and moving them around the text box disappeared.
When I print the document the text box is not there (doesn't print).
The only way I've been able to see the text box after making the
necessary changes to the pictures is to go into the "Reading Layout."
I like to operate primarily in the "Print Layout," but when I am in
this layout I cannot see the text box at all.
I am using Word 03.
I've changed the layout of the pictures to "Behind Text" but I still
cannot view the text box.
Help!

I had the same problem. Thanks, this fixed it!
Old April 8th 16, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

I'm having the same problem.
I have Word 2007.

I cannot find
Check tools options view 'drawings' - uncheck 'picture placeholders'
Check tools options print 'drawing objects' and 'background colors and
images'

There is no TOOLS option to choose, or DRAWINGS anywhere to be found.
Just
HOME INSERT PAGE LAYOUT REFERENCES MAILINGS REVIEW VIEW

Please help.
Old May 5th 16, 03:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 3:28:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm having the same problem.
I have Word 2007.

I cannot find
Check tools options view 'drawings' - uncheck 'picture placeholders'
Check tools options print 'drawing objects' and 'background colors and
images'

There is no TOOLS option to choose, or DRAWINGS anywhere to be found.
Just
HOME INSERT PAGE LAYOUT REFERENCES MAILINGS REVIEW VIEW

Please help.

I had a similar issue. If you change your view to "Web Layout" you should be able to see the unwanted or missing items that you can't see in "Print Layout". Don't worry that the page may appear incorrectly, just move the previously hidden graphics or text boxes where you will see them when you switch modes back to print view.
Old May 30th 16, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

For more recent versions of Word for Mac (e.g. I have Word 2011 for Mac) these settings can be found by doing the following:

Go to the toolbar at the very top of the screen:

Choose "Word" (between the Apple icon and "File") Preferences Print (under "Output and Sharing) place a check next to Drawing objects (under "Include with document") and a check next to "Print background colors and images" and then hit OK.

This did not completely solve the problem for me. BUT I did a Save As... and saved the document as a PDF. The text boxes then appeared in the PDF document. I can now print the PDF document with the text boxes (the docx version still does not want to print the text boxes though).

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 2:28:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm having the same problem.
I have Word 2007.

I cannot find

Old August 22nd 16, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

This worked perfectly for me! I had forgotten where I had unchecked those parameters. Thanks very much.