Rigel

Default How do I turn off the automatic indenting of numbered lists?

Everytime I create a numbered list, word automtically indents for me then I
have to go back and fix the indent. Is there a way to turn this off for good?

Use a list style such as List Number or List Bullet instead of applying
numbering or bullets to whatever style you're using.

"Rigel" wrote in message
Everytime I create a numbered list, word automtically indents for me then

have to go back and fix the indent. Is there a way to turn this off for

good?

Joseph McGuire

Another way is to stop Word from getting involved at all and do the
numbering yourself. Then you are in control. On the other hand, it means
that you have to think about how to format any list you choose to create.
Then again, you probably would not have posted this question if you were
happy leaving it all to Word. You can go to Tools, Autocorrect, Autoformat
As You Type, and uncheck Automatic bullet lists and Automatic numbered
lists. I would also look down in Automatically As You Type and be sure
everything is unchecked. Then go to the tab for AutoFormat. In Apply
uncheck Lists, Automatic Bulleted Lists and Other Paragraphs.