closing a document

Old December 21st 05, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default closing a document

i have hundreds of word documents created in various versions of word.
currently I used word 2002. when I open a document to view it and then
without making ANY change at all, I close it, one of two things happens:
1) it closes
2) I get a warning sound and dialog box saying "do you want to save changes."

The second type of response is annoying and a waste of time when I have done
nothing at all, not even moved my cursor thru the document. I have explored
the documents for which I get response 1 vs. response 2. I cannot find a
difference. Can someone tell me why some documents close immediately and
others do not, and if there is anything I can do to change that? Thank you

Old December 22nd 05, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The following KB article could be relevant for you:

You are prompted to save changes when you close a Word 2002 document
even though you have made no changes
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816473/en-us

--
Stefan Blom