Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rebecca Morris

Default how do I create a "file, new" macro in XP?

I am using Windows XP and I would like to create a macro (I think that's the
right word) for a shortcut for going to file, new, like the older versions on
Word would do. I have done this before on another computer but I can't find
the directions and I can't override the normals on this new computer just to
get the macro. I searched before posting but couldn't find the answer.

Help, anyone? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MinutiaMinder

Hi, Rebecca -

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do, but the keyboard
shortcut to get to open a new document is "Alt-F-N, Enter" That opens a new
blank document. Is that what you are wanting?

--
www.minutiaminders.com

The Entrepreneur''s Lifeline

"Rebecca Morris" wrote:

I am using Windows XP and I would like to create a macro (I think that's the
right word) for a shortcut for going to file, new, like the older versions on
Word would do. I have done this before on another computer but I can't find
the directions and I can't override the normals on this new computer just to
get the macro. I searched before posting but couldn't find the answer.

Help, anyone? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No macro necessary. You can use Tools | Customize to create a toolbar button
for FileNewDialog. For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

"Rebecca Morris" Rebecca wrote in message
I am using Windows XP and I would like to create a macro (I think that's

the
right word) for a shortcut for going to file, new, like the older versions

on
Word would do. I have done this before on another computer but I can't

find
the directions and I can't override the normals on this new computer just

get the macro. I searched before posting but couldn't find the answer.

Help, anyone? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

To open templates without going to File | New:

Select Tools | Customize...
Activate the Commands tab (if necessary)
Select "All Commands" in the list of Categories on the left hand side.
Select FileNewDialog in the list of Commands on the right hand side.
Drag this to a convenient locaiton on your toolbar.
Right-click the new toolbar button, and modify it as desired - you can
change its caption, style, etc.
Close the Customize dialog when you're done.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP