Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pete Brown

Default Running Word 97 on a PC with Office 2003 (need to use text convert

I have Windows XP pro and office 2003. I need to be able to use the text
converters found in Word 97 as the office 2003 version of Word does not have
them. Is there any way I can reinstall Word 97 to run side by side with
Office 2003, I have a second hard drive if that will do the trick,
alternatively, is there any way to install the text convetors form my Word 97
disk so that they work with Word 2003.

Very much appreciate your help on this.

Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The old converters should work with 2003, albeit with warnings, if they are
installed. Which in particular are you interested in?
You will find some of them linked from the downloads page of my web site c/w
instructions for use.

Pete Brown wrote:
I have Windows XP pro and office 2003. I need to be able to use the
text converters found in Word 97 as the office 2003 version of Word
does not have them. Is there any way I can reinstall Word 97 to run
side by side with Office 2003, I have a second hard drive if that
will do the trick, alternatively, is there any way to install the
text convetors form my Word 97 disk so that they work with Word 2003.

Very much appreciate your help on this.

Pete

keep text together New2Word Microsoft Word Help 4 November 16th 05 02:39 AM
How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 09:32 PM
convert from wordperfect bullets and numbering 184wp Microsoft Word Help 1 October 27th 05 08:00 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Using Hyperlinks in Mail Merge IF...THEN...ELSE Statements Mark V Mailmerge 8 November 30th 04 02:31 PM