Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hiking

Default Date mail merge field shows as serial

Hello all,

I have a Word document with a mail merge field which picks up a date
from an Excel document, so whatever date is in the Excel document is
merged into the Word document.

This used to work fine before we upgraded from MS Office 2000 to MS
Office XP. Now the imported/merged date shows as a serial number. I've
looked in the menus and also right-clicked on the field in question in
my Word document to try to edit the field's properties, but find no
where to change the way the date will display.

Any suggestion appreciated. Thanks.