Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mel Mel is offline

Default Can I stop Word 2003 from adding styles when I manually format?

Hi - My style menus are getting very cluttered because every time I do
manual formatting, Word adds a style to the list, for example: "Body
Text + 9 point."

This is so annoying! Does anyone know a setting that will keep Word
from doing this? I just started using Word 2003 in a new job, and I
don't recall having this issue with older versions.

Thanks and regards,
Mel (Melanie)

(new member of this group)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Edit tab. Clear "Keep
track of formatting." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP