Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shannon Shannon is offline

Default Control Z-Order of text and images in importing HTML documents to Word

Hello,

I have an issue trying to open HTML source in Word 2003. The HTML
includes a "background" letterhead that is actually positioned with
CSS and set behind the text using Z-Index.

When opening in Word, the graphic "wrap" setting is by defult changed
-- Word does not seem to recognize the layering within the HTML, and
won't set the wrap to "Behind-text."

The letterhead has to be used graphically because of its unique shape,
so I am really stuck.

How can I instruct Word to either recognize CSS layout or by default
set the wrap to BEHIND TEXT?

Thanks for taking the time to read, and thanks again in advance for
any help you can provide.

Shannon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi Shannon,

I have an issue trying to open HTML source in Word 2003. The HTML
includes a "background" letterhead that is actually positioned with
CSS and set behind the text using Z-Index.

When opening in Word, the graphic "wrap" setting is by defult changed
-- Word does not seem to recognize the layering within the HTML, and
won't set the wrap to "Behind-text."

The letterhead has to be used graphically because of its unique shape,
so I am really stuck.

How can I instruct Word to either recognize CSS layout or by default
set the wrap to BEHIND TEXT?

If changing the setting in Tools/Options/General for inserting pictures
doesn't help, then I'm afraid you're going to be out of luck. Word isn't
an HTML editor; the only HTML it opens "predictably" is its own
round-trip "flavor".

About the only suggestion I can make, besides, is to try using an XSLT
to "transform" your HTML to valid WordProcessingML.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org