Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Avilation!

Default Page Numbering

I need exactly the different thing than "Mr. Raffles". I have my document
sectioned, so when I start the numbering, the numbers appears in a "crazy"
way. I need the numbering to be correct and continuous. What should I do?
Sorry by my bad english (I'm latinamerican)

Thanks beforehand...

"Greg" wrote:

Mr. Raffles,

Yes. Insert a section break (InsertBreakNext page) and
restart numbering in section 2. Using the header and
footer view toolbar deselect same as previous in section 2
footer, click format page numberpage numberstart at 1.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In the Page Number Formatting dialog, you select the Continue from Previous
Section option.

Don't apologise for your English. It's pretty good.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Greg" wrote:

Mr. Raffles,

Yes. Insert a section break (InsertBreakNext page) and
restart numbering in section 2. Using the header and
footer view toolbar deselect same as previous in section 2
footer, click format page numberpage numberstart at 1.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Avilation!

Thanks for the rapid attention.

Sure, I did that before, but it doesn't work. Well, it works when I use
ordinal numbers (1, 2, 3) but it doesn't work when I use the numbers that I
really need: roman numbers (i, ii, iii, iv)... The matter is that when I put
the option to show roman numbers, in the page appears the ordinal numbers...
--
A! 2004 - Copyleft 2006.
All the post are under GFDL license (Feel free to reproduce them only under

"Greg" wrote:

Mr. Raffles,

Yes. Insert a section break (InsertBreakNext page) and
restart numbering in section 2. Using the header and
footer view toolbar deselect same as previous in section 2
footer, click format page numberpage numberstart at 1.
I have a large word document and I wish to restart the
page numbering in the footer half way through.
Example
Page 1
Page 2
restart
Page 1
Page 2
Can this be done without creating two documents
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Avilation!

This make me angry... And rage... Not by you, so thanks for the help.
I decided to section the whole document even when I don't need it, I mean,
page by page, even when I just need an "Enter" to make another blank page.
And then, I numbered the document like I want... All in roman numbers, but
It doesn't work (again)... The second page (because I selected not to number
the first page) starts with "ii" and the rest of the pages with "3,4,5"... I
don't know why does this happen... And I searched very much support pages
finding the answer but... I don't get it...

Anyway, thanks for helping me. That's very kind of you...
--

"Greg" wrote:

Mr. Raffles,

Yes. Insert a section break (InsertBreakNext page) and
restart numbering in section 2. Using the header and
footer view toolbar deselect same as previous in section 2
footer, click format page numberpage numberstart at 1.
I have a large word document and I wish to restart the
page numbering in the footer half way through.
Example
Page 1
Page 2
restart
Page 1
Page 2
Can this be done without creating two documents
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

No wonder you are having problems! You never want to be just adding section
breaks. As you've discovered, it can make editing really strange.

I guess if it were me, I would start a new document and paste the text from
the old one into the new one, skipping all the section breaks. Then I would
read the article Suzanne gave you a link for and insert only such section
breaks as were actually needed.

If you are trying to change things in headers and footers to reflect page
content, take a look at the StyleRef field.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

I doubt that you are getting "ordinal" numbers, which would be First,
Second, Third, etc.

so
all may benefit.

"Greg" wrote:

Mr. Raffles,

Yes. Insert a section break (InsertBreakNext page) and
restart numbering in section 2. Using the header and
footer view toolbar deselect same as previous in section 2
footer, click format page numberpage numberstart at 1.
I have a large word document and I wish to restart the
page numbering in the footer half way through.
Example
Page 1
Page 2
restart
Page 1
Page 2
Can this be done without creating two documents
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Avilation!

I guess I am going to do that.
The matter is that I've done this before.
I mean, I am making a research project. But the past year I did make one.
And I've got to do the same (What I'm trying to do now) And it was done the
last year. I don't know why this document doesn't follow my instructions... I
guess that it's because I am working with Office 2003, and the last year I
worked with 2k... (Just guessing)
Thanks for the advice...