Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
waddi waddi is offline

Default How do I get the £ symbol in Word 2007?

My keyboard gives the £ symbol perfectly well (as here!) unless I am using
Word 2007, when it gives the # symbol instead. I can't find any solutoion to
this.
--
waddi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That suggests that you have set Word to the wrong language. Go to the Review
Ribbon, Set Language and set the correct local language and remove those not
used. Clear the Detect Language Automatically and then press DEFAULT.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"waddi" wrote in message
My keyboard gives the £ symbol perfectly well (as here!) unless I am using
Word 2007, when it gives the # symbol instead. I can't find any solutoion
this.
--
waddi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
waddi waddi is offline

Did this. Made sure English (UK) was the default language (though I couldn't
see a way to remove English (US) which was also ticked)But it made no
difference. The actual hash key, though, is now giving a backslash! In Excel,
there is no problem at all.
--
waddi

"waddi" wrote in message
My keyboard gives the £ symbol perfectly well (as here!) unless I am using
Word 2007, when it gives the # symbol instead. I can't find any solutoion
this.
--
waddi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You need to change the keyboard setting in Windows Control Panel | Regional
and Language Options.

http://word.mvps.org

"waddi" wrote in message
My keyboard gives the £ symbol perfectly well (as here!) unless I am
using
Word 2007, when it gives the # symbol instead. I can't find any
solutoion
this.
--
waddi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
waddi waddi is offline

I thought you must be wrong because I had already selected English (United
Kingdom) as the current format. But I explored the Keyboards and Language tab
- Change keyboards button, removed English (US) but kept English (UK). It did
the trick! Thanks.
--
waddi