Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JHaas JHaas is offline

Default custom label in Word 2007

I'm new to Office 2007. How do you set-up a custom label? I don't find
CUSTOM in the dropdown list of labels.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It's there! Try Other/Custom

JHaas wrote:
I'm new to Office 2007. How do you set-up a custom label? I don't
find CUSTOM in the dropdown list of labels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The same way as in previous versions. In the Label Options dialog, click New
Label... It helps to first select a label as close as possible to what
you're trying to create since Word starts with the Details... settings for
the currently selected label.

When you name and save the new label, in the past it was saved in the
Other/Custom list, which doesn't seem to exist in Word 2007, so I guess
you'll find out what happens: perhaps it will be added to the list on which
you based it (that would be my preference if I'm creating a custom
definition for an Avery label, for example), or it may be saved under
"Microsoft," or it may be that a "Custom" category will be added when it
contains a label.

http://word.mvps.org