Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Caroll Caroll is offline

Default Can I include Annex number and Appendix number in the TOC

I have a document with an annex and the annex has 2 appendices. The page
numbering for the annex needs to include the annex number (eg A-1 where A is
the annex number), whilst the page numbering for the appendices needs to
include the annex number and the appendix number(eg A1-1 where A is the
annex and the first 1 is the appendix number). I have done this using SEQ
fields at the start of the Annex and each Appendix.

However I have problems with the page numbers in the TOC in the main
document. It needs to look like:

Main Document
1 chapter1....1
2 chapter2....27

Annexes
A annex title ....A-1

Appendices

A1 appendix title.....A1-1
A2 appendix title.....A2-1

I use \s Annex to include the annex number in the page number in the TOC,
but is there a way to include the annex number and the appendix number as
part of the page number in the TOC?

I am using Word 2003.
--
Carol Lutz
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html
This should answer all your questions, com eback if you need any more
assistance.
DeanH

"CarolL" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Caroll Caroll is offline

Thanks for the reference very interesting - but it doesn't help me as I have
Annexes with Appendices in the document and there are not enough heading
styles to do it that way.

--
Carol Lutz

"CarolL" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As far as I know there is no way to include the numbers from multiple SEQ
fields with the page number of a single TOC entry, unfortunately.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP