Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Aloe Paul Aloe is offline

Default wrap to window

What happened to the wrap to window feature that could formally be found in
"options" and then "tools"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Still available, but (as before) only for Normal view. It's on the View tab.

"Paul Aloe" Paul wrote in message
What happened to the wrap to window feature that could formally be found

in
"options" and then "tools"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Aloe Paul Aloe is offline

Thanks for the response, but I don't see wrap to window. I see a button that
allows one to re-size the text to the window, but that is not the same as the
wrap to window view. If it exists somewhere, it is not very obvious, at
least to me.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Still available, but (as before) only for Normal view. It's on the View tab.

"Paul Aloe" Paul wrote in message
What happened to the wrap to window feature that could formally be found

in
"options" and then "tools"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word are you using? In Word 2003, "Wrap to window" is in the
bottom bunch of options, under "Outline and Normal options."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Still available, but (as before) only for Normal view. It's on the View

tab.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Paul Aloe" Paul wrote in message
What happened to the wrap to window feature that could formally be

found
in
"options" and then "tools"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Aloe Paul Aloe is offline

I have word 2003 on all of my computers except one which I have downloaded
the 2007 beta, and it is with the bata that I can find the feature. I was
successfull using the feature with Word 2003, and in fact, it was very
valuable to me because I often blow up text to 200 or 300 so that I can see
any typos, which I might not see in normal text. When you do this the wrap
to window is invaluable.

In word 2007, there is a view tab, but it does not contain this command.
There is also an word optons tab, which has a display tab, but this command
is not there either.

I can't imagine that Microsoft would get rid of this very useful feature,
but I can't find it (along with several others). Maybe I am just missing
it, but I can't find where to look for it.

As an aside, I thought that one of the improvements of office 2007 was
supposed to be that commands that were previously hard to find would be more
obvious. I am finding, however, that the new ribbon makes finding commands
harder not easier.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Still available, but (as before) only for Normal view. It's on the View

tab.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Paul Aloe" Paul wrote in message
What happened to the wrap to window feature that could formally be

found
in
"options" and then "tools"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is always helpful to specify the Word version you're asking about, but it
is especially crucial when asking questions about the Word 2007 beta because
its layout is fundamentally different from previous versions.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Still available, but (as before) only for Normal view. It's on the

View
tab.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Paul Aloe" Paul wrote in message
What happened to the wrap to window feature that could formally be

found
in
"options" and then "tools"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
raymm raymm is offline

I'm looking for Wrap to Window in 2007. This conversation doesn't answer the
question. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you searched the Advanced Options?

"raymm" wrote in message
I'm looking for Wrap to Window in 2007. This conversation doesn't answer

the
question. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
raymm raymm is offline

Yes, I can't find it there. Do you know where it is?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you searched the Advanced Options?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ordinarily it's in the View Options for Normal (now "Draft"?) view. I don't
have Word 2007 installed, so I can't say for sure, but I don't think that
"Wrap to window" has been eliminated.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you searched the Advanced Options?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It is in the Advanced Options, under "Show document content", and its new
name is "Show text wrapped within the document window".

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ordinarily it's in the View Options for Normal (now "Draft"?) view. I
don't
have Word 2007 installed, so I can't say for sure, but I don't think that
"Wrap to window" has been eliminated.

so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you searched the Advanced Options?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks, Tony. I figured it must be there somewhere. That is certainly a more
understandable label, but if you're looking for "Wrap to window," it would
be easy to overlook.

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
It is in the Advanced Options, under "Show document content", and its new
name is "Show text wrapped within the document window".

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ordinarily it's in the View Options for Normal (now "Draft"?) view. I
don't
have Word 2007 installed, so I can't say for sure, but I don't think

that
"Wrap to window" has been eliminated.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you searched the Advanced Options?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It is easy to overlook - IIRC I asked the same question myself when I first
got the beta but since then I've found so many options which are easy to
overlook that I just go back and look again - eventually I find them.

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you searched the Advanced Options?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement