Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Guy Delaney

Default Labels

I am using Microsoft Word 2003, and I am trying to print a page of labels
using the Avery Address Labels 5160. When I print the labels, they are not
properly spaced. There are ten rows of labels, as there should be, but they
do not conform to the Avery Labels 5160, that is, they print reduced in type
size and in label spacing.

What do I need to do in order to get the labels to print in 12 point type
and to be spaced so that they print on every label?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are the labels printing high and to the left? If this were any other
document, I would suspect that it contained Tracked Changes or Comments. Be
sure that Track Changes is not turned on when you create the labels.

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Word 2003, and I am trying to print a page of labels
using the Avery Address Labels 5160. When I print the labels, they are not
properly spaced. There are ten rows of labels, as there should be, but

they
do not conform to the Avery Labels 5160, that is, they print reduced in

type
size and in label spacing.

What do I need to do in order to get the labels to print in 12 point type
and to be spaced so that they print on every label?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Guy Delaney

Tracked Changes is turned off. The labels look fine when I go to Print
Preview, but when I print, the labels print with equal margins on the rigth
and left (amnost as if the labels are centered horizontally). The first row
of labels seem to print with the correct Top Margin, but after that, each
label looses a little more of the vertical alignment with each row, leaving
about a 4" margin at the bottom. The type seems to be 8 maybe nine point,
but certainly not 12 point.

Guy

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are the labels printing high and to the left? If this were any other
document, I would suspect that it contained Tracked Changes or Comments.
Be
sure that Track Changes is not turned on when you create the labels.

so
all may benefit.

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Word 2003, and I am trying to print a page of labels
using the Avery Address Labels 5160. When I print the labels, they are
not
properly spaced. There are ten rows of labels, as there should be, but

they
do not conform to the Avery Labels 5160, that is, they print reduced in

type
size and in label spacing.

What do I need to do in order to get the labels to print in 12 point type
and to be spaced so that they print on every label?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

I don't know what the horizontal position problem is, and it might
point in a different direction, but this is worth a try...

The vertical shrinkage is sometimes a symptom of drying or clogging of
the rubber rollers that push the paper through the printer. The label
stock is thicker and often a little more slippery than ordinary paper.
If the rollers lose some of their friction with age, they tend to slip
a little, and this is more prevalent and more noticeable on labels.

You can try using a soft pencil eraser to rough up the rollers (if you
can reach them). It probably isn't cost-effective to get the rollers
replaced.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 19:27:21 -0400, "Guy Delaney"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Guy Delaney

No, this is not the problem. I printed some business cards perfectly and the
card stock is thicker than the label stock. And more than that, I test
printing the labels on plain paper rather than label stock. But thanks for
your suggestion. I hope others will venture a try at answering this problem.

Guy

wrote:

[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Word 2003, and I am trying to print a page of
labels
using the Avery Address Labels 5160. When I print the labels, they are
not
properly spaced. There are ten rows of labels, as there should be, but
they
do not conform to the Avery Labels 5160, that is, they print reduced in
type
size and in label spacing.

What do I need to do in order to get the labels to print in 12 point
type
and to be spaced so that they print on every label?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Check that the paper size in page setup and in the printer properties is the
same and that you have no zoom setting in the File Print dialog.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Guy Delaney

The paper sizes are the same in page setup and in the printer properties and
there is no zoom. The labels still print incorrectly.

Guy

wrote:

[...]

Geekay46 Geekay46 is offline
Junior Member

Lightbulb

Hi there

Sure you have the answer by now but just in case. go to Page Setup Paper Print Options (at bottom) and unclick "Allow A4/Letter paper resizing. Worked for me.

Good luck

Graham