Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KenBrown KenBrown is offline

Default Word prints wrong pages

Word status bar says I'm looking at page 37 of 306. If I then tell Word to
print page 37, page 44 prints. If I tell Word to print Current Page, page 37
prints.

I want to print specific page ranges in my document. I know about printing
sections but I need to print page ranges without regard to sections (ranges
that include several sections or parts of a section)

If I locate a particular page in Print Layout View and the status bar shows
this as page 37, I'd like to be able to print that page by telling Word to
print page 37. Word does not do this correctly - it prints a different page,
further along in the file.

Am I the only one that's experienced this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can certainly print page ranges across several sections. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...leSections.htm or the "Print
specific pages and sections" portion of the "Print a document" Help topic.

Note that, for printing purposes, the number that counts is not the "whole
number" (the one you're looking at) but the number that follows Page to the
left of that, which is the number that would print on the page; the section
number must also be included.

http://word.mvps.org

"KenBrown" wrote in message
Word status bar says I'm looking at page 37 of 306. If I then tell Word
print page 37, page 44 prints. If I tell Word to print Current Page, page
37
prints.

I want to print specific page ranges in my document. I know about
printing
sections but I need to print page ranges without regard to sections
(ranges
that include several sections or parts of a section)

If I locate a particular page in Print Layout View and the status bar
shows
this as page 37, I'd like to be able to print that page by telling Word to
print page 37. Word does not do this correctly - it prints a different
page,
further along in the file.

Am I the only one that's experienced this problem?

timdalton timdalton is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post

"KenBrown" wrote in message
Word status bar says I'm looking at page 37 of 306. If I then tell Word
print page 37, page 44 prints. If I tell Word to print Current Page, page
37
prints.

I want to print specific page ranges in my document. I know about
printing
sections but I need to print page ranges without regard to sections
(ranges
that include several sections or parts of a section)

If I locate a particular page in Print Layout View and the status bar
shows
this as page 37, I'd like to be able to print that page by telling Word to
print page 37. Word does not do this correctly - it prints a different
page,
further along in the file.

Am I the only one that's experienced this problem?

This doesn't really answer the question. The program is printing the wrong pages. I get the same result as KenBrown. If I use print the current page, I get the right one. If not, I get a different page than the one shown (and I'm using the number that should get the correct page, duh!) This also affects attempts to print a range of pages, when the "current page" option doesn't apply. Why does it print the wrong page?