Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Lad from Lea The Lad from Lea is offline

Default How do I copy a list of file names?

I have several cds with many photos on each (mostly jpgs). I wish to have a
"Table of Contents" in each cd without the laborious task of typing each name
individually. I wish to copy the list of file names which appears when I load
a cd in the drive. Using "copy" copies the whole file (ie the photo) not just
the file name. Using "Prt Scr" and pasting only gives a small part of the
list each time, (producing almost unreadable output), which then needs
scanning and then correcting, which takes as long as typing the whole thing!
How do I copy just the list of names, please?
--
DMS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I have a suggestion for this. If you have Excel, download the ASAP Utilities
add-in. In addition to the fact that it contains some really awesome
functions, it can also create a list of files in a folder. It puts them in
an Excel spreadsheet that you could import or copy into your TOC. (My
husband has been using this ass-in for several years. I've only recently
started using it and I don't know why I waited so long!)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"The Lad from Lea" wrote in
message ...
I have several cds with many photos on each (mostly jpgs). I wish to have a
"Table of Contents" in each cd without the laborious task of typing each
name
individually. I wish to copy the list of file names which appears when I
load
a cd in the drive. Using "copy" copies the whole file (ie the photo) not
just
the file name. Using "Prt Scr" and pasting only gives a small part of the
list each time, (producing almost unreadable output), which then needs
scanning and then correcting, which takes as long as typing the whole
thing!
How do I copy just the list of names, please?
--
DMS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Those darn typos. :-)

husband has been using this ass-in for several years. I've only recently

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
[...]