Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Isi Isi is offline

Default ASCII

I have an IBM laptop with XP and MS Office PRO.
If I press ALT + numeric code, nothing happens.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Do you have a dedicated numeric keypad? The numlock system may be
interfering with Word's interpretation of the ALT function.
You should still be able to insert symbols with the symbol command.

On Dec 8, 9:33*pm, Isi wrote:
I have an IBM laptop with XP and MS Office PRO.
If I press ALT + numeric code, nothing happens.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The Alt+code only works on the Numeric Keypad. So to do this on a laptop
that doesn't have a NumPad, you need to toggle on the Num Lock, then press
Alt plus the numbers from the alternative notebook NumPad layout. Very
awkward to use. It will probably be just as quick to use the insert Symbols
dialog or learn the standard keyboard shortcuts or create your own
assignments and AutoCorrect.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP