Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shawn Shawn is offline

Default Limited Form Field (text) continuation page

I am using Word 2007. I have a form with a text field on it with a length
limit to protect the integrity of the form. However, I have found that many
times the form length is not sufficient for the information that is required.
I would like to add an additional page with some header information to link
to other form fields on the first page, however, I don't want to do this
unless there is more information than will fit in the first form section. I
have a small section of text in the corner of my form field that tells the
user that an additional page can be used. I can add a checkbox field to
this, if necessary to open the above described second page. Currently the
users are instructed to unprotect the document and manually add a second
page, which I found often puts the form at risk. If there is a way to do
this without macros, I would like to know how, but if macros must be used, at
least I only have to instruct the users to allow the macros to be run.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Shawn,

If you add a Section break (eg a continuous Section break) to the end of the file, and leave the new last Section unprotected when
you protect the document for forms, your users will be able to add whatever text they want there without disturbing the rest of the
form. An 'on exit' macro attached to the checkbox formfield could be used to insert a manual page break as the first character in
the last Section, thus creating the new last page.

--
Cheers
macropod