Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda in Leesburg Brenda in Leesburg is offline

Default I CANNOT get rid of a page break.

I am in a large document working with track changes. There are a couple of
page breaks that I cannot get rid of. I've highlighted it and pressed delete
- no good. I've done the keep lines together or keep with next or whatever
the normal help stuff tells you to do. I'm ready to scream................
help please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When track changes is on, Word will only delete a page or section break when
the changes are accepted. You can, though, select the marked-for-deletion
page break(you may have to catch a character before and after it) and press
accept change. If you only want to see how it will look once they are
accepted, switch to final view.

PamC

Brenda in Leesburg wrote:
I am in a large document working with track changes. There are a couple of
page breaks that I cannot get rid of. I've highlighted it and pressed delete
- no good. I've done the keep lines together or keep with next or whatever
the normal help stuff tells you to do. I'm ready to scream................
help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda in Leesburg[_2_] Brenda in Leesburg[_2_] is offline

Pam - YOU ARE A GENIUS, it worked, it worked. Thank you so much, it was
really driving me MAD! You are great. Thank you so much. Brenda

Brenda in Leesburg wrote:
I am in a large document working with track changes. There are a couple of
page breaks that I cannot get rid of. I've highlighted it and pressed delete
- no good. I've done the keep lines together or keep with next or whatever
the normal help stuff tells you to do. I'm ready to scream................
help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're welcome.

Brenda in Leesburg wrote:
Pam - YOU ARE A GENIUS, it worked, it worked. Thank you so much, it was
really driving me MAD! You are great. Thank you so much. Brenda

When track changes is on, Word will only delete a page or section break when
the changes are accepted. You can, though, select the marked-for-deletion

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]