Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beej Beej is offline

Default inserting a word in a sentence

I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to
completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I don't
remember how?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Why would you have to retype a paragraph or sentence?
Just put your cursor where you want and type the word.

"Beej" wrote in message
:I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to
: completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I
don't
: remember how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like you accidentally touched the Insert key (which is easy to
do, since it's usually right next to Backspace and Delete). Press it
again.

There might also be an "OVR" in your status bar (depending on your
version of Word). You could click on that, too.

On May 6, 9:50*am, Beej wrote:
I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to
completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I don't
remember how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Press the INS or Insert key on the keyboard to turn off and turn on TypeOver
mode.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Beej" wrote:

I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to
completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I don't
remember how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Use the Insert key to toggle between insert and overtype modes.

If you are using 2007, click the office button, and select Word
OPtions/Advanced and make sure the option - Use the insert key to control
overtype mode is checked.

Hope this helps
--
Brian McCaffery