Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Default saved 2007 word docx to desktop, file shortcut mising on desktop

ok, so i saved my 2007 word docx to my desktop. when i closed the window
ofter saving and all, it was not there, the file just was not here. so i did
a search for it and found it, says it has a missing shortcut, but the file
extension leads to my desktop with no short cut to attach to. please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trip_to_tokyo[_2_] trip_to_tokyo[_2_] is offline

Maybe try this as a possible alternative:-

- right click somewhere in the desktop

- New then Shortcut

- put the full path of your directory and file name in the Type the
location of the item field

- Next

- give your Shortcut a name

- click on Finish

- required item should now appear as an icon on your Desktop

Thanks.