tigger

Default Where do I find templates on my computer

I can't find the templates on my computer. There's suppose to be a place that
lsits my tempaltes and then I can choose one and make it into a document but
I can't seem to find that and the employment agencies are going to test me on
that.

CyberTaz

What version of Word?

In 2000 or earlier, go to FileNew, in '02/'03 you get there through the New
Document Task Pane by clicking the On My Computer link under From Template.

Good Luck |:)

On 10/7/05 6:14 PM, in article
, "tigger"
wrote:

I can't find the templates on my computer. There's suppose to be a place that
lsits my tempaltes and then I can choose one and make it into a document but
I can't seem to find that and the employment agencies are going to test me on
that.

Jezebel

As others have mentioned, you can check Tools Options File Locations.
The default is

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

However you still won't find it unless you tell Windows Explorer to display
hidden folders. In Explorer, go to Tools Folder Options. On the View tab,
select 'Show Hidden Files and Folders'.

"tigger" wrote in message
I can't find the templates on my computer. There's suppose to be a place
that
lsits my tempaltes and then I can choose one and make it into a document
but
I can't seem to find that and the employment agencies are going to test me
on
that.

Charles Kenyon

For info on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon